Monarch Design Group, LLC is currently seeking an Architectural Project Manager to oversee a variety of large-scale projects within the following sectors: commercial, governmental, residential, multifamily, civic and community spaces, retail, and medical. The Architectural Project Manager is the primary creative director for projects and responsible for client interaction and satisfaction. In this role, you will act as the primary contact for our clients from the very beginning of the design phase through the end of construction. It is essential that you ensure that the goal or intent of the design is achieved, fulfilling our client's expectations and ensuring the building follows all structural codes and construction standards. This involves verifying the accuracy and completeness of all drawings and specifications as well as communicating with the contractors on the project. Applicants should have prior experience, licensure is a plus.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the architectural process from initial design to the completion of construction
- Manage the project team to ensure that client specifications and expectations are fulfilled
- Review funds and estimates for assigned projects
- Maintain project files, including correspondence, drawings, and material samples
- Communicate with clients and contractors regarding changes
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Project management: An architectural project manager needs to have the organizational and logistic skills to follow a project start to finish, which can include scheduling, budgeting, planning, design and cost control.
- Personnel management: This position involves managing others by supervising specific employees or acting as a mentor to other team members.
- Architectural experience: The ideal candidate has spent a considerable time (5+ years) managing the construction of buildings and has a thorough knowledge of the general architecture process.
- Drafting and architectural engineering knowledge: These skills involve reviewing the technical elements of a project and checking and approving plans.
- Communication skills: This position involves maintaining relationships with clients and contractors, as well as writing reports and reviews. Being able to speak professionally to a variety of stakeholders and explain complex concepts to stakeholders with limited knowledge of technical language is key.
- Problem-solving skills: Architectural project managers must be able to quickly assess a problem and devise solutions that positively impact or reduce the negative impacts. They use critical thinking, analysis and decision-making to do so.
- Computer-aided design: To complete the design components of the job, these professionals must be proficient at using industry-standard software, particularly Revit, a building modeling software, and AutoCAD, a commercial design and drafting software.
- Knowledge of building and zoning codes: The architectural project manager helps ensure compliance with local building codes, so they need to know both geographic codes and relevant industry standards.
- Construction Administration Skills: The project manager will monitor construction and must be proficient with RFI, Submittals, Field Orders, and all facets of the Construction Observation process.
WHY WORK WITH US?
Monarch Design Group is a cutting-edge architectural firm with headquarters in Gainesville, Florida. Monarch Design Group is recognized for their innovative designs.
As led by Barnett Chenault, Principal and Architect, Monarch is offering a unique opportunity to gain mentorship and experience within many different arenas, including commercial, residential, medical facilities, and institutional/municipal projects. Learn within excellent team-oriented working environment, with clients including the US Department of Justice, US Department of Agriculture, University of Florida, City of Gainesville, Santa Fe College, and many more.
MonarchaTMs Project Manager position meets requirements for the AXP certification. This is an ideal role for a recent or upcoming graduates looking for guidance and support while pursuing their next step to licensure. Many of our team members have recently undergone or are currently working towards their licensure, so you will be surrounded by a team of professionals that can help you take your next step forward in your career.
Monarch offers a competitive benefits package. This full-time position provides compensation based on experience, along with the opportunity for health insurance, paid time off and paid holidays.
Monarch Design Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.
Powered by Froala Editor