Monarch Design Group, LLC is growing and we are seeking an experienced, ambitious and hard-working Architectural Designer who is passionate about furthering their career to join our team. As a full-time Architectural Designer, you will be assisting in generating Construction Documents and designing structures, communicating with customers and many other things to be able to learn and grow with senior architects. Your role will have you front and center engaging with clients, learning technical skills and building a comprehensive understanding of how a real-world project comes together from start to finish. To be successful in this position, you have strong organizational skills, analytical skills, verbal and written communication skills, and excellent technical skills. This will be a very rewarding and valuable position to jump-start your career in architecture and design. If you are excited about a career in architecture and looking for an opportunity for success and an incredible exposure to projects of all sizes, then we are a perfect fit!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produces architecturally accurate construction documents
- Creates accurate and detailed drawings of Architectural documents for permitting
- Works with Architects assisting with various projects
- Helps to plan and design buildings
- Works on design drawings
- Assists in reviewing project proposals and specs
- Helps with compiling required paperwork and documents for projects
- Helps coordinate details of architectural projects
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Masters Degree in Architecture Preferred
- Proficient skills in Revit/BIM software
- Ability to create architecturally accurate floor plans, dimension plans, RCP plans.
- Proficient computer skills Excellent computer drafting abilities
- Ability to organize, prioritize, triage assigned work Self-motivated to work independently, while also supporting team vision and goals
- Additional experience in the areas of computer programming, web development, interior design, graphic design, urban planning, engineering MEP systems, construction management, and gaming are a plus!
WHY WORK WITH US?
Monarch Design Group is a cutting-edge architectural firm with headquarters in Gainesville, Florida. Formerly known as SVM Architecture, Monarch Design Group has won over 26 awards for their innovative designs, including coveted awards from the AIA American Institute of Architects.
As led by Barnett Chenault, Principal and Architect, Monarch is offering a unique opportunity to gain mentorship and experience within many different arenas, including commercial, residential, medical facilities, and institutional/municipal projects. Learn within excellent team-oriented working environment, with clients including the US Department of Justice, US Department of Agriculture, University of Florida, City of Gainesville, Santa Fe College, and many more.
Monarchs Architectural Designer position meets requirements for the AXP certification. This is an ideal role for recent or upcoming graduates looking for guidance and support while pursuing their next step to licensure. Many of our team members have recently undergone or are currently working towards their licensure, so you will be surrounded by a team of professionals that can help you take your next step forward in your career.
Monarch offers a competitive benefits package. This full-time position provides compensation based on experience, along with the opportunity for health insurance, paid time off and paid holidays.
Monarch Design Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.
Powered by Froala Editor